Dimension of Confusion & Order

My photo
Space City, Texas, United States
I am a crazy gemini with 2 personalities living in a mundane world. It just can't handle my craziness! Intense work of art, forever evolving and moving closer to serene pastures. On an interesting journey but enjoying the ride! Get to know a little about me but leave your judgments at the door and never think you've seen the full picture of who I am! I am yet a paradigm of complex designs that can't be summarized by the readings of a few passages.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2 Tricks, 1 Airline

Just slap me if I EVER decide to take a 5:45 am flight again! Being that it takes 45 mins to get to Intercontinental Airport Houston (I'm not calling that shit Bush in this lifetime...named after the daddy and not his sorry ass spawn, I still don't give a damn) from the burbs, we ended up leaving 10 mins behind schedule, and moms wanted to go back b/c she forgot her lunch (luckily we didn't)....it would have been more drama than I already had when we finally made it to the airport.

Usually my mom wants to do a super long goodbye in the drop off, this time...I said *smooches, bye*...as it was 25 mins til my flight was due to take off. We got there and had a WTF moment since all these folks was at the damn airport, like fa real..it's 5:15, go home...get back in the bed and make the 8 am flights. (Forgot it was Spring Break time...UGH)

Anyway, I had checked in DELTA online the night before, but the printer was out and I had no boarding pass. The line was semi-crazy inside with only about 4 self check in computers. Like WTF? Why do y'all just have this little ass space for this big ass airline. I know Continental Airlines is the major Houston hub but this is just GATDAMN ridiculous! So I busted my way through after about 5 mins and the damn machine wouldn't print my pass because my flight was 20 minutes away. I had to scream to the lady to finally get her damn attention. She reads the screen and was like you missed your flight, you have to check in at least 30 mins. I have checked in already (you can check in on your mobile nowadays btw) but I don't have a pass. I must have told this lady this 3 times while she's going back and forth with me so busy on what she was saying she didn't hear me tell her stupid ass I HAD ALREADY CHECKED IN (that's when I had to scream it).

Oh but Senorita Maria had to get in more words when she decided to go ahead and print out my boarding pass which took all of 3 seconds. Had she done that shit when I first told her, I would have been in security (which is where we'll find the second trick but that's later). While printing my pass, she goes...well I can't take any luggage...I told her well good because I don't have any I want to check in (for $30 bucks RT, bitch please). So as I was taking my boarding pass, this biatch just had to say something else. Well we can't guarantee they are gonna hold your seat...HEIFER just give me this gotdamn pass and STFU! I just walked off into the land of security.

So I'm taking my shoes off as I wait to get my license checked because it's about 5:30 now (you know you have to be at the gate 15 mins prior). I'm sweating and stressing cuz Lawd I don't wanna miss this flight, have to sit in the airport a cpl hours and pay some ridiculous fee to jump on board another plane. So I'm putting my stuff on the mechanical thing and I'm looking at the clock...thinking Lord I gotta step out my comfort zone and ask to jump ahead. So the first person I do it with just happens to look like me (I pointed out Maria, guess I gotta point out Juanita too).

She is packing a shit load of bags she still has tied together, I can't wait behind her. So I looked at her, desperate eyes, emotions, facial expressions...ma'am do you mind if I jump in front of you, I'm running sooooooooo late for my plane. She looks at me and says, "well we are the crew, we gotta make the plane too"......*wow* for real, ok. Thinking in my head, bitch YOU the crew, that's even better, the fucking plane CAN'T leave without you but that bitch will surely leave my black ass without hesitation. For some reason, after her bitchy ass comment, she lets me go in front of her. I didn't need the lecture, certainly didn't recognize you as "crew" with this big ass sweater on.....but you ain't sweating this line so most likely your shit ain't leaving in 15 minutes.

I got out of security in about 4 mins, didn't even bother to put my shoes back on so I'm hauling ass barefoot through this damn airport. There was a line of ppl waiting at the gate and probably about 10 more that came after me. It was a mess, I was sweating buckets but I did manage to make the flight but not before getting on some serious Fawk Delta's customer service. I've always been loyal to Continental who have waaaaaaaaaay more than 4 funky computers for self check-in in all the cities I've flown to. I flew Delta going to NYC last October and liked it so I decided to fly home and try them again. Yeah I'll pass this time and not just for the rudeness of these two ppl but for the fact that it wasn't much difference in the planes as with my trip to NYC.

And if you're wondering, I normally arrive 30-45 mins b4 my flight b/c usually I'm just dropping off my luggage or simply going through security which is typically a breeze through in Houston and Atlanta (when flying CONTINENAL).

1 comment:

  1. This was hilarious! I especially loved "Senorita Maria" lol I'm glad you made your flight though! ;)

    ReplyDelete