Dimension of Confusion & Order

My photo
Space City, Texas, United States
I am a crazy gemini with 2 personalities living in a mundane world. It just can't handle my craziness! Intense work of art, forever evolving and moving closer to serene pastures. On an interesting journey but enjoying the ride! Get to know a little about me but leave your judgments at the door and never think you've seen the full picture of who I am! I am yet a paradigm of complex designs that can't be summarized by the readings of a few passages.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Madea Goes To Jail - Review (NO SPOILERS)

I get to work and naturally, working among a bunch of niglets, this is the talk of the morning.

"Ohhhh I loved it"
"OMG it was so good and funny"
"Keshia played that part"

Ok people, grab a seat if you agree with the above because my review is going to make some of y'all faint! LOL but hopefully it's not that serious for you.

I thought the movie was......*drumroll please*.........JUST OK!

I won't give away any significant detailed information but I'd have much rather seen a movie dedicated more to the title than captain save-a-hoe! I chuckled a few times but frankly I've seen better when it comes to Tyler Perry's movies. Regarding Keisha's performance, I wasn't even thinking about Rudy Huxtable, yet in still, her performance in this role was lackluster and not convincing especially since we really did not see her turn any tricks! A prostitute passing up 3 johns in one night....come on!?!?!?!

Would I recommend people go see it? Maybe, but I definitely wouldn't rush....I'm all for supportinng "family" but this was 'wait to DVD that someone else purchased' material for me!

I will forever love me some straight talking, non-apologizing Madea though....

2 comments:

  1. That crap is baffoonery....and I don't support that kind of stuff with my hard earned money. I'll catch it on when someone else flips the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it on bootleg and was actually glad I didn't waste my money going to see it. I also thought that more of the movie would have been dedicated to "Madea Going To Jail". I kept asking well when is she going to jail.

    ReplyDelete