Dimension of Confusion & Order

My photo
Space City, Texas, United States
I am a crazy gemini with 2 personalities living in a mundane world. It just can't handle my craziness! Intense work of art, forever evolving and moving closer to serene pastures. On an interesting journey but enjoying the ride! Get to know a little about me but leave your judgments at the door and never think you've seen the full picture of who I am! I am yet a paradigm of complex designs that can't be summarized by the readings of a few passages.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

RECOGNIZING B-L-E-S-S-I-N-G-S!!!

I admit, I didn't instantly recognize the blessing I foresee in this new boss I'm getting at work. She works for the "sister" company and I began to think how difficult some of their people are to deal with. And quite frankly, I didn't want a boss that was in another state.

One could say I had a delayed reaction in realizing the beauty of the situation. For one, as strange as this may sound, it may actually encourage me to start getting to work on time (insert a Praise Jesus sign from a couple of people that hate I keep hours worse than a banker). Because they are in another state, they are known to sometimes call people in the morning (as so I've heard from others in my office). I admit to taking advantage of the lackadaisical attitude that my current boss has. That is one of the things I really was going to miss but frankly, it's more productive to have a boss that has your back. My current one is way too lax, doesn't keep up with what is needed and doesn't know any more (frankly he knows less) than I. That creates frustrations when you need assistance and guidance in dealing with atypical situations.

An added bonus is I will be washing my hands of the tasks that irritate me the most. I'm passing them on to the slacker of the team and once I've taught her, I'm not going to entertain too many follow up questions. I've carried the weight of the team for so long, with them knowing full well and not caring! They've ALWAYS come to me as if she didn't exist two cubicles away. Now they don't have that option *insert evil laugh*

I've had dealings with my new boss in the past, I hope it continues to be as nice and friendly.

I thank God for recognizing this blessing as I drove in to work this morning feeling beyond fabulous. So often you're clouded by negative aspects of situations that you never see the sun peaking its rays on you. Let me put on my shades and enjoy the warmth.....

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you! luckily I've never had a boss I didn't like but I could just imagine how horrible it would be if I did! :(

    ReplyDelete