Dimension of Confusion & Order

My photo
Space City, Texas, United States
I am a crazy gemini with 2 personalities living in a mundane world. It just can't handle my craziness! Intense work of art, forever evolving and moving closer to serene pastures. On an interesting journey but enjoying the ride! Get to know a little about me but leave your judgments at the door and never think you've seen the full picture of who I am! I am yet a paradigm of complex designs that can't be summarized by the readings of a few passages.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm No Sissy But....

This just broke my heart. Just because the media no longer beat us upside the head with military stories and deaths, doesn't mean we can go about our civilian lives with no regard to those whom are affected. I'm guilty of this and this photo brought me back to the reality that people are still being deployed in the thousands and an equal number of families are affected by it.

As reported by Vince Lattanzio of NBC Philadelphia, "A family photo that shows a little girl beside her father and his fellow soldiers in uniform as they prepare to go to war has resonated well beyond the tight knit Bennethum clan.

Four-year-old Paige Bennethum really, really didn't want her daddy to go to Iraq.

So much so, that when Army Reservist Staff Sgt. Brett Bennethum lined up in formation at his deployment this July, she couldn't let go. "


paige bennethum

"No one had the heart to pull her away."

I'm no sissy but how could this not tug at your heart strings. The heart of a child is one of the most purest, honest, and loving things in existence. Pain and sadness should be no where in the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Simply heartbreaking. As a father of a 7 year old, it tears me up to leave my Baby Girl at her mother's after spending a day hanging out. I cannot even begin to imagine this father's anguish!! And to have it multiplied by the fact that he knows there is a chance he might not make it back home!!! Thanks for posting this!!

    xhale763

    ReplyDelete